I About GDUT
1. Key Facts
Full time students: More than 46000
Faculty members: More than 2200
GDUT is a comprehensive,multi-disciplinary and key provincial university of the High Level University Construction Project of Guangdong Province.
THE 2021: Ranking 601-800 in the world and 43-70 in Chinese mainland.
USNews 2021: Ranking 933rd overall in the world and top 166th in the category of Engineering.
THE 2020 ASIA: Ranking top 42nd among Chinese mainland universities and ranks the 177th among Asian universities.
3. About IEC
The International Education Center of GDUT is responsible for the enrollment, education and management of international students, and the promotion of Chinese language training and degree programs.GDUT provides the international students with different types of programs including Degree and Language programs.
Location: Guangzhou Downtown.Easy access to public transportation, shopping and restaurants.
Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens with good health and valid foreign passport.
2. Online Application
Submit the applications by visiting https://apply.gdut.edu.cn/ and continue with the guideline. Please register first if you don't have an account. Each valid email address can be registered only once. The email address and password you used in registration are the only credentials to enter the system.
For best experience we recommend Google Chrome,360 and Firefox Web Browser.
3. Email Application
Step 1: Download and fill the application forms and submit the needed documents through email email@example.com.
A.Application Form for International Students for Language/IFC study(Click to download)
B. Copies of passport page and currently Chinese visa Page.Study certificate/highest diploma (Chinese/English version)
Step 2: Original Passport or other ID will be checked upon registration.
Step 3: Pay fees. Applicants may pay fees upon arrival at campus for registration or remit the fees via bank account.
If necessary,IEC will require applicants to submit extra materials.
Applications are accepted all year round. The recommended application period for 2021 Spring Semester is from now on to Jan 15,2021.
III Registration and Fees Remittance
Applicants are expected to register on Feb 25 and Feb 26, 2021 in person. Please present Admission Notice, original Passport, 1 copy of passport,valid visa page,two passport-size photos and Registration Certificate of Temporary Residence for Visitors to the staffs, pay fees upon registration.
IV Study Period for 2021 Spring Semester
March 8, 2021 to June 25, 2021.
V Enrollment and Visa Application
1. With received and evaluation of the application, an admission notice will be sent to the applicant before February 26,2021.
2. Some applicants may need a "Visa Application Form for Study in China" (JW202) when they apply for a student visa. For those applicants who need JW202,they should apply for JW202 two months earlier as it usually takes two months for approval. We will keep the applicants posted once the JW202 prepared.
3. Applicants under the age of 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardian in China.For more details, please refer to “Procedure of Guardian Notarization未满18周岁申请者公证流程”.
4. Applicants who have a valid residential permit and wish to transfer to GDUT from other Chinese schools should ask for a transfer letter, transcripts and attendance records from their former school, thus we can help you to extend your residence permit (Guangzhou) upon arrival.Click VISA POLICY for detailed information.
VI Medical Checkup
Medical checkup will be arranged for new students after registration. Applicants who fail the medical checkup will be rejected. Applicants who have had valid medical checkup should bring the original medical report, which will be validated after being authenticated by related authority.
Guangdong International Travel Health Care Center
Address: No.207,Longkou Xi Road,Tianhe District,Guangzhou,P.R.China
Tel.: 0086-20-87537322 85262033
The regulation of Ministry of Education of China requires that all international students must be medically insured throughout their entire planned period of study in China. The insurance should be bought upon registration. Otherwise, the registration will be rejected.Applicants should scan the QR-code and follow the Official Account of insurance company to pay the intl students insurance through Wechat.Click INSURANCE for detailed information.
Intensive Reading, Extensive Reading, Chinese Listening and Speaking, Character Writing, Chinese Composition, Chinese Culture, Business Chinese etc.
Applicants will be streamed into different level classes according to their Chinese language proficiency.
Chinese Language Training
2. Application Fee (Not Refundable)
Chinese Language Training: RMB400/person
4. Miscellaneous Fees
Miscellaneous fees will be charged according to actual costs, including textbooks, intl student ID Card, medical checkup, visa and residence permit, comprehensive insurance, etc.
5. Bank Information
Pay in China
Pay Out of China
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China,Guangdong Provincial Branch
Bank Account Name: Guangdong University of Technology
Bank Account Number: 3602028909000196985
Bank SWIFT Code: ICBKCNBJGDG
银行电传: 441016 ICBHS CN
Bank Telex: 441016 ICBHS CN
1) Applicants require on-campus accommodation reservation, please contact the International Student Affairs Office. Tel.: 0086-20-37626172, Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Deposit for on-campus accommodation is RMB1500/person,which will be refunded when check-out. Beddings are not provided. Bills of campus WIFI service, water and electricity are not included.
3) Fees above-mentioned are subject to change.
4) When remittance of fees by Bank, please fill in your passport number and passport name in column of Note.
5）There is still uncertainty of the enrollment and courses arrangements of 2021 Spring Semester due to COVID-19. The final arrangement might be adjusted according to the pandemic situation. The time and registration arrangement of admission notice are for reference only. Real-time online interaction courses will be delivered if applicants can't come to campus physically due to COVID-19.
The final explanation by IEC shall prevail.
International Student Affairs Office
Office: Room 721,Library Building,Dongfeng Campus,GDUT
Add: No.729 Dongfengdong Road, YueXiu District, Guangzhou, P.R. China (510090)
Tel: 0086-20-37626172 37626171
30 November 2020