Arrivals from Nanjing urged to report to communities
Seventeen airport workers have tested positive for COVID-19 in Nanjing, capital of East China's Jiangsu province, as of noon, July 21 .
The positive cases involve airport ground service and cleaning staff, found during a regular nucleic acid test at Nanjing Lukou International Airport. Nine of the workers had been diagnosed as confirmed cases and eight as asymptomatic carriers. One had been found infected with the Delta variant.
Nanjing had begun testing all of its 9.3 million residents for COVID-19 since Wednesday and upgraded 10 of its communities from low- to medium-risk for COVID-19 as of Thursday morning.
To strengthen COVID-19 prevention and control in the city, Guangzhou Center for Disease Control and Prevention remind residents to abide by the following measures:
1. People coming/returning to Guangzhou from Nanjing in the past 14 days (on and after July 7) should report to their community (village) committee and comply with health management measures.
2. Those who develop symptoms like fever and cough should avoid taking public transport, go immediately to fever clinics nearby, with masks on, and truthfully inform healthcare workers of their travel and epidemiological history.
3. Don't travel to Nanjing unless unnecessary.
4. Maintain vigilant and keep taking personal protective measures. Continue to wear masks, wash hands frequently, maintain good indoor ventilation, avoid gathering, keep social distance, cover your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing, use serving chopsticks, and practice good hygiene habits.
5. Those meeting health requirements are advised to get fully vaccinated as soon as possible, as a measure to protect yourself and your family.
Guangzhou's COVID-19 Update on the Numbers
Guangzhou Municipal Health Commission reported that there were zero newly confirmed local Covid-19 cases, zero new domestic asymptomatic Covid-19 cases, 5 newly confirmed imported cases, and 2 new imported asymptomatic cases. 2 patients were discharged from hospital on July 21, 2021.
As of 24:00 July 21, 2021, there are a total of 953 confirmed imported cases and 523 confirmed domestic cases (including imported related cases). A total of 1,440 patients have recovered and been discharged from hospital, and 1 patient died from the disease. Total Covid-19 hospitalizations are at 35.