1. For foreigners who reside or stay in domiciles other than hotels, they or the persons who accommodate them shall, within 24 hours after the foreigners’ arrival, go through the registration formalities with the public security organs in the places of residence.
2.Foreigners holding Visas Z, X1, J1, Q1 or S1, shall apply for residence permits within 30 days after entry with the exit and entry administration authority of the public security organ in the proposed places of residence.
3. Foreigners having reached the age of 16 who stay or reside in China shall carry with them their passports or other international travel documents, or foreigners’ stay or residence permits, and accept the inspection of public security organs.
4. Foreigners in China shall leave the country prior to the expiry of the prescribed duration of stay or residence. If they need to continue to stay or reside in China after the expiration, they shall apply for an extension of stay or residence.
5. Foreigners who stay or reside in China shall not engage in activities not corresponding to the purpose of stay or residence, and shall leave China prior to the expiry of the prescribed duration of stay or residence.
6. Foreigners who work in China shall obtain work permits and work-type residence permits in accordance with relevant regulations. No entities or individuals shall employ foreigners who have no work permits or work-type residence permits.
7. Citizens, legal persons or other organizations who find foreigners illegal enter, reside or work in China shall duly report such matter to the local public security organs.
8.For foreign infants born in China, their parents or agents shall, within 60 days after they are born, on the strength of the birth certificates, go through the formalities for stay or residence registration for them with the exit/entry administrations of public security organs under people’s governments at or above the county level in the places of their parents’ stay or residence.
For foreigners who decease in China, their relatives, guardians or agents shall, in accordance with relevant regulations, on the strength of the death certificates, report their death to the exit/entry administrations of the public security organs under local people’s governments at or above the county level to cancel their stay or residence permits.
9.Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card can be used alone as identity document within Chinese mainland. Foreigners who have obtained Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card may reside or work in China, and exit or enter China on the strength of their passports and Foreign Permanent Resident ID Card.
10.Foreigners violating exit-entry administration laws and regulations may be detained, ordered to exit the country within a time limit, detained for investigation, repatriated or denied entry into China etc.
11.Individuals who report “three types of illegal” foreigners (illegal stay, illegal employment and illegal entry) shall be given a reward. Once the case is verified, and the foreigner concerned is fined or detained, the person who discovered and reported will be rewarded RMB500 for each foreigner.The total reward for one case is RMB500 per person and the maximum reward for the same case shall not more than RMB5000.(Report Tel: 110；Or please report to the local police station.)
For further questions and advices, please call the NIA hotline 12367.